Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sun Run Fun

Ayden and I ran the Mini on Sunday morning. So fun! It was fabulous to share something I love (running, and race days) with Ayden. It was so neat to see him take in the crowd, the music, the balloons, and the excitement with big eyes, and to be filled with adrenaline for a race together. He was competitive: he kept urging me to 'pass more people!' So cute. Every participant got a ribbon, which was fabulous. He is very proud of his ribbon, and I am very proud of him. We ran almost the whole 2.5 K. At the start, Ayden, being less experienced, took off too quickly and burnt out about a half kilometer in. He then wanted a break--and not just to walk, but to sit down! He sat on the curb for about 10 seconds before hopping up and saying, 'Okay, let's go mommy!' and running again. So cute! After that he paced himself a little more, and we walked maybe a total of 30 more seconds. We got our names in the Vancouver Sun! Here are some pix.





6 comments:

lori lls said...

Way to go, Ayden and Melissa! What a great mom-son activity that'll be a rich memory for the rest of your lives.

I don't know why the shot Matthew's hand held high is cracking me up so, but it is.

Finally, is Riley REALLY looking like your husband in that top photo?

Deb said...

I was wondering how it went. Good for you! I'm impressed. And yes, we should hang out sometime. I keep thinking that we'll just run into each other somewhere, but planning something would probably work better. You can e-mail me at debouwehand at hotmail dot com and we'll set something up.

tamie said...

Mel, you are so absolutely gorgeous! I love those pictures! I love your spirit of life! You are a huge inspiration to me!

I hope that if I am ever a mama, I am as active and engaged as you.

jenna said...

Looks so fun. Great memory for Ayden and you. I think you're a great mom!

Jen said...

Yeah! Way to go, Ayden! We love the Vancouver Sun Run! When we lived in Seattle we used to run it as a family with the Sawchenkos. Such great times. Makes me miss it very much.

Tania Grim said...

Im so excited you did this! Yay! So cool!